We offer one Bachelor study programme taught in English - Physiotherapy. You can find more information here: www.fzv.upol.cz/en/studying/
Faculty of Physical Culture currenty offers two Master study programmes taught in English language:
- Master in Physical Activity and Active Living | PAAL
- Master in Adapted Physical Activity | APA
Both master programmes taught in English are also available to Czech applicants.
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: March 31
Language requirements: minimum B2 according to CEFR
Tuition fees: 2500 EUR / academic year
Apply here: https://admission.upol.cz/
Click on the picture to download the brochure.
Supported by the latest research and practice, the central focus of the program is physical activity promotion.
The core topics include:
- Determinants of exercise adoption and adherence;
- Childhood obesity;
- Functional independence for seniors;
- Management in physical activity (PA);
- Biomedical aspects of health, prescription of physical activity, wellness and fitness;
- Recreation and active living;
- Counselling in PA;
- Chronic disease management;
- Research methodology in health sciences, monitoring of PA;
- Strategies, policies and innovations in PA;
- Factors related to lifestyle behaviour changes;
- Internships in PA and active living.
Offered internships allow students to gain professional experience in all segments of fitness, wellness, health promotion, and the allied health professions.
Students of PAAL can choose minor in:
- Sport Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
- Adapted Physical Activity (where they focus on diversity of needs of persons across different age groups and disabilities).
Career opportunities for graduates include:
- Worksite health promotion;
- Wellness and health promotion specialist;
- Programme or facility coordinator in fitness clubs (industrial and private) or schools;
- Personal fitness trainer;
- Group exercise coordinator;
- Governmental agencies specialist.
Opportunities to grow:
- Industry in field of human motion;
- Internships on national or international level;
- International cooperation (sharing teaching and methods across universities);
- Gaining certification (under the student responsibility to pay the fee for certificates).
Final State Exam
Study is finished with the Final State Exam which consists of oral examination and defense of diploma thesis. The main purpose of the final state exam is to prove required level of professional competencies (the analysis and synthesis of acquired knowledge, problem solving, professional communication, overall professional presentation). Student should demonstrate overall insight and orientation in given area in appropriate relations and multidisciplinary associations. The most important attribute of final state exam is the level of understanding of particular topics/areas in the context and mutual relations.
Application form to be submitted electronically through https://admission.upol.cz/.
- Curriculum vitae
- English language proficiency certificate
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of university diploma or recognition of Bachelor education
Interview (face-to-face or Skype) with the admission board.
Results to be announced by May 31.
Innovative and attractive features of this program are the integration of exercise and dietary interventions with already established holistic philosophy of wellness through dozens of natural hot springs based spas built more than a hundred years ago. Sought and admired by millions of clients from all over the world these wellness centres provide opportunities for the PAAL students' internships and research.
The outline of study in our international master programs:
120-credit programs in agreement with ECTS Bologna system, study easily recognizable worldwide.
Both majors Physical Activity and Active Living (PAAL) and Adapted Physical Activity (APA) consist of common truncus courses, which provide solid bases for core theoretical areas including counselling and management issues related to active lifestyle and work with diverse population.
Each major specialization consists of 40 credits (ECTS) of highly specialized and tailored courses essential for professional careers in APA or PAAL.
Students are required to choose minor specialization, which equips them with complementary competencies broadening the career paths.
The tuition fee for master´s students is EUR 2.500 per each academic year.
Possibilities of scholarship for master students:
- 1st year students with excellent academic results will have their tuition fees reduced for the following academic year
- graduate teaching / research assistantship
Deadline for applications: March 31
Apply here: https://admission.upol.cz/
Schedule of the academic year is available at Palacký University web page.
Study Guide is available at Palacký University web page.
Interested in studying with us?
For more details, please contact the faculty international relations coordinator:
Palacký University Olomouc, Faculty of Physical Culture
třída Míru 117
771 11 Olomouc, Czech Republic
phone: +420 585 636 046
Don't know Czech Republic? Let us introduce our country in this short video:
And finally short video about Olomouc - University City: